Friday, July 20, 2012

Mushkin 32 GB Class 10 Memory Card Review.




Mushkin 32 GB Class 10 Memory Card Review.
Here's my review of the Muskin 32GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card.
I bought this card for $21.00 from NewEgg for use in my Canon Vixia
HFM-301 camcorder.
Basically I wanted a cheaper 32 GB card.
Preferrably one that works.
Since my camera is capable of recording video at 24MBPS, (AVCHD H.264)
I knew that I'd need a card that could write at least 4-6 MBPS continuously.
The camcorder doesn't require a Class 10 card, but the prices are good for Class 10.
Plus, if I ever get DSLR to use for video, I'll have a memory card for it.
The Mushkin specifications state that the card does data at 10MBPS.
So, I tested it by using it in my camcorder.
I recorded the video at full HD 1080P, 24 MBPS for 32 minutes.
I experienced no problem formatting the card in my camera, no errors,
no buffering or any problems using it in the camera or while transferring the video to my computer.
I didn't measure the actual write speed, but it appears to be as advertised.
So for $21.00 and free shipping, I think it's worth it..
I'll be using it over time and if it dies, I'll update this video.

Wondering what Class of SDHC memory card you should be using?
Check out OneloneDork's video (DSLR Film Noob)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxhQvzRqOcg
Pretty quick and decent explaination.

Another Option.

No comments:

Post a Comment