Sunday, December 09, 2012

How to Upgrade RAM in a Mac Mini. Or check out my Awesome $20.00 Thrift ...



How to Upgrade RAM in a Mac Mini.
Or check out my Awesome $20.00 Thrift Store Find!
On vacation I scored a $20.00 first generation Mac Mini.
I'm not really a an Apple person at all.
I prefer Windows or Android or Linux.
But! For $20.00, I'm not going to pass it up.
This Mac Mini has a PowerPc G4 1.42 Ghz processor with 512 MB of RAM,
a 160 GB Hard drive and it's running 10.4.11.
This is a good Internet browsing machine.
I decided to upgrade / update the RAM to it's max limit which
is 1GB of DDR RAM @ PC 2700 / 333mhz.
It only has one slot for RAM, so I bought a 1GB stick for under $16.00
and set about removing the case.
After some Internet research, I discovered it's not hard.
It's about the hardest part of the whole upgrade process.
Once the case is removed it's super easy.
I'll show you how.
This process is for the first generation PowerPc Mac Mini.
The Intel based Mac Mini is different.
I'm not sure on the process for that, as I don't have one.
So here you go....enjoy the quality video.
A Mac Mini upgrade for less than $20.00.
Did I tell I got the Mac Mini for $20.00?
Yep...

This Mac Mini is serious business.
It's pretty current with the Technologies.
(Unlike my $20.00 First Gen Mac Mini)

No comments:

Post a Comment