Thursday, December 27, 2012

SunGun II Vintage Movie Light



SunGun II Vintage Movie Light

While I was checking out the thrift store, I found this!
This is a Sylvania SunGun II Movie Light.
I believe this light came out in the 1950's or 1960's and it's
a Quartz Halogen light that has a 625 watt bulb in it.
It's probably the most dangerous vintage movie item I've ever bought.
The heat on this thing is amazing! 
You can melt someones face off. Seriously.
I knew it would be hot, so I weighed the danger versus cost.
At $.99 cents the light won. 
It's really bright as a light and the color temp on this light is decent.
This light is bright enough to use by itself. I tested the light and it works fine.
It's missing the wire guard so I'll have to be extra careful. 
The guard would really do much for protection anyway. 
I used a volunteer solar dancing pig as an assistant.
I like that pig.



I like the LED video lights. Less heat, better battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment