Monday, June 03, 2013

No Poo Shampoo for Dudes!



TThis is something I've done off and on for about 2.5 years now.
It's the idea of not using shampoo to clean your hair. 
Mainly to reduce chemical exposure.
Usually people use baking soda and water for the shampoo and use a vinegar and water
for a conditioner. 
The exact ratio of baking soda to water and vinegar to water is really up to the individual
and their hair type. 
I've had pretty good success using this method and the idea of using just baking soda and vinegar and no other chemicals is fine by me.
What I found- is that I needed about-
 1-2 tablespoons of baking soda to 16-20 ounces of water and the same amount of vinegar for the rinse for the "No Poo" to be successful.
I also found that-
adding a tiny amount of castille, all natural, organic soap to the mix, made it even better.
If you plan on trying this kind of thing just Google "No Poo" and there's a million different ways to do it. YouTube has a ton of videos also. 
Your mix may be different than mine.
So keep that in mind.
It's for dudes because it's a simple recipe, works great on shorter hair and has a more manly scent to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment