Monday, April 29, 2013

Earthwise 60210 Battery Powered Lawn Mower- Unboxing and Test!




The 3 year old gas lawnmower decided to quit me.
So I quit the gas mower.
Tired of gas and oil and pulling the cord and everything associated with sweating in my own eyes while fighting the lawn mower, I went Green!
Actually Greenish!
I'm still using electricity that's brought to my house via coal / petrochemicals. (for now- Solar's charging is coming)
I bought the Earthwise 60120 20-Inch 24-Volt Cordless Electric Lawn Mower.
Charge the battery cut the lawn. That's what I'm going for.
It's actually the same size as my gas mower and so far it's pretty good.
It has a metal deck, side discharge, you can bag or mulch and 20.5 inch cutting width
with larger rear wheels.
Battery mowers in the past were pure crap. Especially if you had an actual lawn.
We're not talking urban postage stamp sized lawns either.
I don't have a huge lawn, it's about a 1/4 of an acre front, back and side combined.
The test will be cutting the back yard.
It hasn't been cut in a week.
In Virginia sometimes the grass needs to be cut twice a week.
So, this video is really an unboxing and test, to see if I've made a terrible mistake.
I don't think so..we'll see.
I paid $245.00 from Amazon with free shipping.
About the same price for a gas mower with the bag, mulch and larger wheels.

Here's a link if you're interested-
EarthWise 60210 24 Volt Battery Powered lawnmower.
Here's some specifications if you're interested-
Specifications:
Earthwise 60120
Rated for 0.25 Acres
24 Volt System
3 IN 1 - Mulch - Side Discharge - Rear Bag
Single Lever Height Control 1 3/4" to 3 3/4"
Easy On & Off - Mulch Plug - Grass Catcher - Discharge Chute
Comfort "V" Handle, With Cushion Grip Soft Touch Operation - With Easy Fold Handle
Handle Mounted Safety Blade Control & Safety Key
Ball Bearing Wheels - Rolls Easy - Lasts Longer
7 IN. Front and 9.5 IN. Rear Wheels
No Tools Required! - Hand Tighten Assembly
Unit Weight: 102 lbs.
Battery Run Time: Full Charge 50 mins.
Battery Charge Time:15 hours
Cutting Path Width: 20 inches
Min Cut Height: 1.75 inches
Max Cut Height: 3.75 inches
Weight: 102 pounds
Wheel Size : Front 7 inches / Rear 9.5 inches
Battery 24 Volts.
Replacement -BatterySpec.com's part# BC-24-2000-42

This might be the next one..robotic...

No comments:

Post a Comment