Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thrift Store find- RadioShack CB Antenna




A cheap CB radio antenna normally costs between $12 and $20.
Not for me though, dirt cheap is what I look for.
The magnetic mount makes it easy for installation.
Before I slap it on the roof. I'll tune it first.
This should give me decent transmit and receiving range.
I'm not that serious about it, but I do like CB radios.
They tell me where Smokey the Bear and the Fuzz are hiding
on America's highway's. 
I like to roll like the wind.....and that can be a problem.
East bound and down, loaded up and trucking.
Like good ole Smokey and the Bandit.
Funny movies for the time..
Pretty sure I could kick Burt Reynolds ass though.....
A typical CB radio and antenna set up can run around $35-$50 new.
That's the cheaper low end stuff.
A decent Cobra classic radio, with tuned antennas can run an easy $200.00.
I picked up my Cobra for $29.99 and the antenna was $3.98, not bad.
I would say, "Watch out Smokey, here I come!,"
But I know where you are and I've already slowed down. 




No comments:

Post a Comment