Thursday, October 25, 2012

How to Clean a Thrift Store Computer or Desk Chair.



How to Clean a Thrift Store Computer / Desk Chair
I hate having to buy a computer chair every 2 or 3 years.
I just think they are over priced.
I know I could buy an expensive chair and probably get 5 years out of it.
It's really not that bad, I typically spend about 60-70 dollars every couple of years.
Really not bad. I'd rather not, if I can help it.
I want a heavy duty office chair, like the government has.
A no nonsense heavy duty office chair.
Since my chair was borderline unsafe, I decided to get another chair.
I have pretty good luck at thrift stores.
I checked there first.
Boo Yah! I found a chair!
This chair is pretty sturdy, fits me and doesn't seem to be worn out out.
It was $7.00 and it was even sanitized for my protection.
I really don't have any idea how it was sanitized.
So I figured I'd sanitize it again.
I used some Awesome cleaner and the cleaning power of a water hose.
I gave it a thorough bath.
If I can wash things that come from second hand shops, I do.
I'm not scared of germs. I'm scared of other peoples germs.
So, here's how I cleaned my thrift store / desk chair.
Attempt this only if you know your chair won't dissolve if it gets wet.
This chair is metal plastic and foam.
There's no wood and it's fine.
Let it thoroughly dry...

If you're scared to use my method you can use some
spray fabric cleaner.
Here's how-
1. Clean it
2. Spray it
3. Let it soak
4. Use a brush to soften and remove stains.
5. Let it dry.
6. Vacuum it away.

I've used this in the past, it works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment